The user IP-Log is an extension for the WoltLab Suite, which offers the possibility to log the IP addresses of all users of the forum.
This makes it possible to find users with two user accounts.
The display of the IP addresses is in the profile of the respective user.
Possible double user accounts, so-called doubleaccounts, can also be found in a list in the user profile and also in the ACP. The users can also be edited there directly.
The whole function of the plugin can be switched off globally via the module control of the WSCs.
User group rights can be used to determine which user group can see the information from the user IP-Log in the profile.
In the ACP there is the possibility to see possible double accounts. Here you can quickly see when another user has used the same IP address.
A user note can be created for each user. This can be information, for example, why a user has a possible double account. (Example: father and son with 2 user accounts from one Internet connection). This information is then also displayed in the profile and also in the ACP for the respective user.
In addition to the IP address-based check for possible double accounts, a cookie check is also carried out. Since the IP address usually changes automatically after 24 hours by the Internet provider, it is very difficult to check it exactly. With the cookie check, the user is still correctly recognized even after an IP address change and if the user creates a new account or uses another account, this will also be correctly recognized as a double account. The corresponding hits are shown separately in the list of double accounts in the ACP.
In the overall overview, all logged IP addresses of the users are listed. In this table there is a filter and sort function to search for a specific IP address or just a user name. In addition to the IP address and the user name, other information such as the browser and host used, as well as the time of first use and the last check are stored.
Older IP addresses of deleted users are also saved. So after deleting a user you can also determine that you are logged in to the forum and take further measures against this user. This is a useful way to correctly recognize unwanted users who have been deleted or blocked.
Users who have permission to use double accounts can be entered in the global whitelist. Users who are entered in this global whitelist list are checked for impossible double accounts. This function is very useful for users who access a forum in a household. Here, every household user has the same IP address. So that the list is not filled with these users every day, you can put these users on the global whitelist.
So that there is not a lot of data in the database table, a cronjob filters every day for data that is no longer needed and released for deletion. This data is deleted from the database fully automatically. This means that the database stays clean of unnecessary and unusable entries.
As usual, the plug-in user IP-Log can be easily integrated into your forum via the WSC package interface. No special previous knowledge is required. Can be switched off globally
The plugin can be easily deactivated completely via the ACP with the module control:
ACP -> System -> Options -> Modules -> Users -> User IP log settings
The plugin can be easily customized via the user group rights. Here you can determine which user group has the right to see the information in the profile.
With the appropriate user group rights, the rights can also be assigned individually for the individual tables in the ACP. Furthermore, authorizations for editing the tables can be set individually for each user group. Clean database
A cron job, which is started every day at midnight, systematically cleans up the database. The cronjob searches for unnecessary user entries in the database tables and deletes them fully automatically. Thus the database always remains optimally on the smallest optimized size without unnecessary entries. browser recognition
The browser detection is a good help for the administrator to recognize whether it is really a double account or whether it happened by accident that the user uses the same IP address. Browser detection also shows the host that the user was using. The browser detection shows with which browser and with which version the user was in the forum. Browser detection can be easily configured and switched on and off in the ACP. Cookie check
In addition to the pure IP check, a cookie check will also take place. If the browser allows cookies, certain data is stored, which then allows the user to be correctly identified. If another registration or use of the forum takes place with the same browser, a double account will be recognized immediately and this will then be displayed accordingly in the double account list. This check makes it almost impossible to use a double account undetected. The cookie check can also be switched on and off in the ACP options.
scope of license User IP-Log 3.1 Available translations: German (formal), English Free updates for all packages in the suite series
- 31.31 kB
- 47 Downloads
- Some adjustments to the dependencies of the update routine have been made so that the version can also be installed in WSC 3.2.
- 31.32 kB
- 29 Downloads
- Some adjustments have been made to the code. In some cases, an error occurred when a user browses the forum with a browser and the browser does not provide LANGUAGE code. The server was then unable to access a corresponding variable and an error was thrown. The new versions should prevent the error.
- When marking one or more entries and locks, a message appears immediately as soon as you want to execute the function via the menu. The bug has been fixed with this version.
Version 3.1.6 pl 1
- 30.84 kB
- 35 Downloads
- A typographical error has been corrected in the code.
- 253.44 kB
- 31 Downloads
- Some code modifications have been made to include the appropriate extension packages. This will make further functions and features possible.
- A new internal function has been added. The stored data can now be exported by the respective user to a corresponding file. This feature has been added with WoltLab Community Framework Version 2.1.22, WoltLab Suite Version 3.0.15 or WoltLab Suite Version 3.1.3. The functionality of the framework is easily usable with a useful tool from SoftCreatR (DSGVO Data Export Frontend Plugin).
- 252.42 kB
- 16 Downloads
- Under certain circumstances, a cookie search hit could fail to enter the database for a given constellation. This bug has now been fixed by this update.
- Some adjustments have been made to the code in order to integrate the corresponding extension packages and thus additional functions and features are possible.
- A new user menu has been added. There, the respective user can see their own stored data. This makes it immediately visible to everyone what personal information was stored by the system. Thus, the user IP-log is now also adapted for the new data protection regulation.
- 240.13 kB
- 31 Downloads
- Under certain circumstances, when a duplicate account was found, the cookie search could fail to register it. This bug has now been fixed by this update.
- 244.22 kB
- 6 Downloads
the update option from version 3.0.2 pl 1 has been integrated. Thus it is now possible during the upgrade of the forum (from version WSC 3.0 to WSC 3.1 / WBB 5.0 to WBB 5.1) directly to update to the new user IP-Log version (from version 3.0.2 pl 1 to version 3.1.1).
- an error in the filter on the overview page was corrected.
- 239.62 kB
- 10 Downloads