A big problem that not only new forums face is: There are no users online. This of course discourages new arrivals from registering, as the forum resembles an empty desert. The typical chicken/egg problem.
With this plugin you break this spiral of inactivity by generating authentic users who go online completely on their own and read topics in the forum and browse the site excitedly. This way the real members don't feel alone, become more active, and the registration rate of guests increases dramatically.
Functions at a glance
- Generate any number of user profiles with ease
- Gender and birthday can be set randomly
- Authentic profiles through realistic usernames and real gravatars
- Define activity rules to simulate natural user behavior
- Optional: simulate guest activity
- Since users are even using different browsers, they are indistinguishable from real users from the outside
- This is how your forum comes alive!
Creating fake users
1. Create a new user group to make it easier to identify the fake users themselves
2. Create new users at user -> user fake -> add user fakes (select the user group from step 1.)
Generate realistic names automatically
If you don't want to make up countless names yourself, you can use the new Darkwood API to generate as many realistic usernames as you like. To do so, proceed as follows
- Register at https://darkwood.design/ and open your profile
- Copy from the sidebar box the "API Key"
- go to Configuration -> Options -> User -> User Fake in the ACP and paste the "API-Key"
- Click the "Generate username" button when "Creating fake users".
Set activity rule
Different groups of fake users may show up in the forum at different times with different frequency.
- User -> User Fake -> Activity Rules -> Add Activity Rule
- Select the group in which the fake users are included
- Now the earliest (start period) and latest (end period) time for users in this group can be set
- Now the minimum and maximum number of users of this group that can be online at the same time is selected
- In addition, optional fake guests can be on the forum
Note: It can take up to 10 minutes until the first fake users go online after the initial configuration.
- 13.17 kB
- 25 Downloads
- Compatibility with the WoltLab Cloud
- No more admin groups can be chosen for fake users for security reasons
- The email domain now does not need to be chosen, but is automatically set to an invalid value
- Access to the new Darkwood API to automatically generate realistic usernames
- Use of the new WoltLab Suite 5 forms
- Optimizations for PHP 7.2
- Many code improvements for better performance and stability
- Fixed a bug which could cause the number of auto-generated usernames to differ from the selected value
- 13.94 kB
- 27 Downloads
Update for the new WSC 5.3
- 13.92 kB
- 86 Downloads
Plugin is compatible with WSC 5.2 now.
- 14.12 kB
- 233 Downloads
- Plugin is now compatible with WSC 3.1
- 14.1 kB
- 99 Downloads
Plugin is more resilient against crashes.
- 92.67 kB
- 29 Downloads