For some time now, I was planning to develop my own bugtracker with my own ideas. Now the time has come and I have successfully completed the development of my bugtracker. During the development I was inspired by the bugtracker MantisBT, which I also use professionally and have almost 9 years of experience.
Projects and Categories
In my interpretation of the bugtracker, the top entry level is always the project. Everything else depends on this project. Categories can be attached to a certain project, to several projects or to all projects at the same time. The projects and categories can be customized in the ACP (also multilingual).
Statuses are globally valid across all projects and categories. The statuses can also be adjusted individually in the ACP. Under Configuration -> Options -> Bugtracker -> Status the created statuses can be selected as default statuses.
Each ticket can be linked to a different ticket. This is clearly displayed in the ticket. An entry relationship can have the following relationship types:
- depending on ticket
- blocks ticket
- duplicate of ticket
- has ticket as duplicate
- related to ticket
- includes ticket
- belongs to Ticket
In this bug tracker individual input fields and higher-level input field categories can be created. The input field categories are global and are not attached to the project or a category. The input fields can be attached to a specific project, to several projects or to all projects at the same time. Current input field types are the following:
The selection options are configured similarly to profile fields.
A special feature in this bugtracker is the roadmap. You can assign a project-specific version to each ticket. The tickets are then displayed in the roadmap with progress bars and percentages. If a ticket is fixed or closed, it will be marked as closed (crossed out) in the roadmap.
All features summarized
- individual configuration of projects and categories
- Categories can be assigned to standard agents
- Statuses can be adjusted as required
- it is possible to set versions, so that the roadmap can be used in a meaningful way
- individual input fields can be created
- additional labels can be assigned to each ticket
- Tickets can be linked with each other via entry relationships
- in the ticket overview can be filtered quickly
- from a ticket and the ticket overview you can quickly jump to a ticket by entering the ticket ID
- Tickets can be commented on
- and much more
Wie geht es nach dem Kauf weiter?
Create a user account on hanashi.dev. In your settings, go to Activate purchases. And enter your API information from the API Access page. Now click Submit. You have now activated access to the support forum.
- 483.84 kB
- 3 Downloads
- FIX: Cloud compatibility fixed
- FIX: versions were not restricted to the correct project
- 483.84 kB
- 6 Downloads
- FIX: Fixed problem when building cache
- FIX: Guest rights have been fixed
- FIX: Status display for multilingualism has been fixed
- FIX: Cache was built incorrectly which caused projects to disappear
- FIX: Display of categories and projects
- 478.72 kB
- 42 Downloads
- 477.7 kB
- 18 Downloads
Behebt Problem mit PHP 7.4
- 477.7 kB
- 13 Downloads
- FIX: Bugs können wieder von Moderatoren/Admins bearbeitet werden
- FIX: Bearbeiter kann wieder entfernt werden beim Bearbeiten eines Tickets
- FIX: Beim Zuweisungsfenster können Bearbeiter ebenfalls wieder korrekt entfernt werden
Version 1.0.4 pl 1
- 477.18 kB
- 8 Downloads
- FIX: Labelauswahl beim Erstellen von Tickets
- FIX: Gastrechte beim Editieren von Tickets
- 476.67 kB
- 3 Downloads
FIX: Labelgruppen - Auflistung der Projekte