- You must have WoltLab Suite™ Core 3.1, 5.2 or 5.3 installed.
You can configure this plugin in the ACP under Configuration ⇒ CMS ⇒ Articles ⇒ Reading Time Estimate. You can disable this functionality completely without uninstalling the plugin. You can also specify whether the reading time estimate should be displayed in minutes only (rounded, rounded up or rounded down) or in minutes and seconds. By default, an average reader is assumed to read about 200 words per minute. Of course, you can also adjust this value individually to your target group.
The reading time estimate is displayed on the article page as well as in article lists (the latter requires WoltLab Suite™ Core 5.2.7 or newer or a manual template customization).
Further individual adjustments (such as the icon) can be realized by customizing the templates __articleReadingTime and __articleListItemsReadingTime as well as the language variables wcf.article.readingTime.minutes and wcf.article.readingTime.minutesAndSeconds.
After purchasing in the Plugin-Store of WoltLab
You can register at Krymo Software and link your created account with your WoltLab account, so that you will be automatically granted access to the product support within few minutes.
This might also interest you...
- 49.66 kB
- 2 Downloads
- If "Minutes and seconds" was selected as the display, the minutes were displayed even if the reading time estimate was less than one minute. ("0 Minutes and X Seconds")
- Optimizations have been made to the source code.
Important note: The templates __articleReadingTime and __articleListItemsReadingTime have been updated. If you've made adjustments to these templates, you must check your customized templates for changes and update them if necessary.
Version 1.1.0 pl 1
- 49.66 kB
- 6 Downloads
- An error occurred after updating to version 1.1.0 when an article was accessed.
- 49.15 kB
- 3 Downloads
- Two new options for the display for reading time estimate have been added: "Minutes (rounded up)" and "Minutes (rounded down)"
- The reading time estimate is now also displayed in article lists so that potential readers can estimate the reading time before visiting the article page. This functionality requires WoltLab Suite™ Core 5.2.7 or newer or a manual template customization.
Important note: The template __articleReadingTime has been updated. If you've made adjustments to this template, you must check your customized template for changes and update it if necessary.
Note: Due to extensive technical adjustments to the plugin, from version 1.1.0 onwards it is no longer licensed under the "Krymo Software - Free Products License", but under the "Krymo Software - Commercial Products License". This means that the plugin must now be purchased. The versions released under the previous license (1.0.0 and 1.0.1) may still be used. However, they do not entitle to updates that include bug fixes or new features. This requires purchasing a license for this plugin.
- 30.72 kB
- 100 Downloads
- Quotes and code boxes couldn't be expanded.
- 30.72 kB
- 28 Downloads